NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Air X Charter Limited, a leader in the Private Jet Chartering sector based in Malta, is seeking to employ an Accountant who will be responsible for supervising junior members of the team and assisting in improving productivity and efficiency. The selected candidate will be required to assist with month-end processes and other projects when required. This position reports to the Head of Finance.
- Assisting in all aspects of the upkeep of day-to-day accounting records
- Responsible for the supervision and review of the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and bank processes
- Assisting with the end of month routines, including accruals and pre-payments, leading up to the preparation of monthly trial balances and associated reports as required
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines
- Supervising, guiding and coaching the junior members of the team, whilst appraising their performance to ensure that they are in line with company goals
- Looking at current processes and coming up with suggestions for improvement in order to increase team efficiency
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation
- Assisting in ad hoc projects and any other duties assigned by superiors
Requirements & Skills
- 2-4 years accounting experience
- Ideally be part ACCA qualified,
- Candidates having an A Level of education may still be considered as long as they will have good accounting experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of German is considered to be an asset
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- A can do attitude
- A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- A proven track record in managing deadlines
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in the strictest confidence.